Hotmail - hotmail.com - Hotmail login - www.hotmail.com - hotmail.com login
Despite Hotmail being the most recognizable term for online webmail service, it was rebranded as Outlook.com by Microsoft in 2012. Microsoft introduced Outlook.com with an updated user interface and a changed website address. Though, You can still initiate the Hotmail.com login using your old Hotmail Email Address. The Content of your inbox and data associated with your Hotmail Account is intact and accessible after Hotmail Login.
Follow the instruction below to log in to your Hotmail account using the Hotmail.com domain on different devices.
Hotmail Login on Desktop:
To log in to your Hotmail Account using Desktop Version
- Open one of these Hotmail (Outlook Supportive) web browsers (Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome)
- Type “Hotmail.com” in the URL bar
- You will be redirected to https://outlook.live.com/owa/
- Click on the “Sign in” Option
- The following window will appear.
- Enter your Hotmail email address, Phone number (if you use a Phone number to log in), or your Skype ID.
- Click “Next”
- Then, enter the password for your Hotmail email address.
- If you want to stay signed in on your trusted browser check “Keep me signed in”
- Once you’ve entered the correct Password Click “Sign in”.
- Now your Hotmail login is successful if you are redirected to your Hotmail inbox.
- There you can access your existing Hotmail inbox with a new user interface.
Hotmail Login on Mobile App:
- Download and Install Hotmail (Microsoft Outlook App) from Google App Store for Android and from Apple App Store for IOS.
- Open/Launch Microsoft Outlook Mobile App
- Click “GET STARTED”
- In the next step, you will be given a few options for choosing the domain of your existing account. (@Live.com, @Msn.com, @Hotmail.com)
- You can use your google account to merge your Google account to your Hotmail Account.
- You can also create a new outlook email address.
- Or, You can generate a QR code on the desktop version of your Hotmail account, Scan that QR code and log in to your Hotmail Account.
- Enter your Hotmail email address in the Email Address bar.
- Tap “CONTINUE”.
- You will be led to your Hotmail Inbox on your Mobile App.
- Once you add Hotmail Account on your mobile, your data may be prone to timely sync which will allow you to access your data from all devices with your Hotmail account. Microsoft will ask for permission to sync your account with your mobile and you can also turn off the sync in to order to reduce data accessibility.
- There you have your Hotmail logged in your Mobile App.
Hotmail Login on Mobile Browser:
Logging in to your Hotmail account via mobile browser is not much different than on desktop.
- Open Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome on your mobile device.
- Go to Hotmail.com or Outlook.live.com/owa/
- Tap on “Sign In”
- Enter your Hotmail email.
- Enter the correct Hotmail Password.
- Access your Outlook Inbox on your mobile browser.
Hotmail Login Incorrect Password:
In case of Incorrect and forgotten Password, the following window will appear
- If you remember your correct Password then try re-entering your password.
- If you have forgotten your Hotmail password select “Forgot Password”.
- Enter the User Name, Email Address, or Phone Number linked with the account you want to access.
- You will be given multiple options to verify your Hotmail Account and reset your Hotmail Password. You can use the phone number associated with your Hotmail account to verify and log back into your account or you can use your recovery email address to verify the ownership of your Hotmail account.
- You will be provided with a code on your phone number or your recovery email address to verify that the account indeed belongs to you.
- Sometimes Hotmail will also ask you to answer your security questions that you must've set on the time of your Hotmail account registration.
- Once you bypass all security measures, you can reset your Hotmail password and log back into your Hotmail account.
If you've read this far, you are very less likely to experience any hurdles in trying to log in to your Hotmail Account. But while we're here, let's have a little back story on how did Hotmail became outlook?
If you've been an avid user of the internet in the past decade, you are most probably a Hotmail account holder. Hotmail was one of the very first webmail services to ever launch on the internet. It was accessible from any web browser and was launched in 1996 by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia. later, it was acquired by Microsoft, and by 2001 Hotmail became the most popular email service provider with over 100 million users worldwide. initially, Hotmail.com provided only sending and receiving of messages and pictures via the internet. Later Microsoft launched and tested a number of its products on Hotmail the most apparent example would be Windows Live Hotmail.
Microsoft then rebranded and upgraded Hotmail.com to Outlook.com and linked all Microsoft owned apps and features to the outlook account. Along with Outlook, Microsoft allows you to open, edit, access, send, receive, and save data throughout its vast product range.
Microsoft Hotmail (Outlook) features:
Apart from sending and receiving emails, saving contacts, keeping track of tasks and meetings via the calendar, Hotmail (Outlook) account can be used to access the following features:
MS One Drive:
One drive is Microsoft’s very own Online Cloud Storage Software. It allows you to store, save, and sync files to Ms. Office Product using your Hotmail Account.
Microsoft Office ( MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is used to save documents, prepare and manage spreadsheets, and make presentations. Ms. Office combined with One drive enables you to Save, Edit, Delete, and Share your Office file online throughout your devices linked to your Hotmail account using Ms. Office Products.
Skype has been the go-to software for video and audio calls over the internet since as long as online video and audio Conferences were launched. Skype is and has always been the most popular and reliable video conference software. You can not create your Skype id with google or yahoo email addresses you must have a Hotmail account to register and use skype as it's owned by Microsoft.