Candidates who have opted PCB in class 12th have many courses & career options which they can pursue after 12th.
While most of the medical student think of Pursuing MBBS or BDS which are no doubt one of the best career options after 12th, but there are also some of good job oriented, professional degree course(s) which one can opt after completing your 12th in PCB.
Let us explore some of the professional & high in demand alternate course other than MBBS or BDS.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is a professional degree course in ayurvedic medicine comprising of study in ancient Ayurvedic science and its application.
The course duration for BAMS is 5.5 years.
- For pursuing BAMS, candidates must have PCB in class 12th and
- The candidate must have minimum 45% marks in class 12th.
- The admission to BAMS programme is based on the basis of NEET Score. Candidates can appear in NEET exam conducted by NTA.
- The admission depends upon the NEET score & ranking, after NEET result candidates have to participate in counselling process conducted by MCC.
- After completing BAMS candidate can practice Ayurvedic medical hospital or they can start their clinic.
- Candidates can also work as a faculty or research scholar in colleges & universities.
The Pharma industry is one of the fastly growing industry in the country. Candidates who have completed degree course in Pharmacy are always high in demand.
Bachelor in Pharmacy
Candidates can pursue B.Pharma or Bachelor in Pharmacy which is a 4 year degree course.
Diploma in Pharmacy
Candidates can pursue D.Pharma from any recognised institute or college. D.Pharma is a 3 year diploma programme which candiates can pursue after 12th.
After D.Pharma candidates can take admission in the lateral entry B.Pharma (2nd year).
- For pursuing B. Pharma, candidates must have passed class 12th with PCB or PCM subjects.
- The candidate must have atleast 40-45% marks in class 12th.
- The admission to the B. Pharma courses is based on the state level entrance exam.
- Some universities or colleges also offer admission on the basis of 12th board marks.
- After completing the course candidate can work in Pharmaceuticals companies
- Can start Pharmacy shop or Business
- Can work as a drug inspector with government
- As a tutor
So, BAMS & Pharmacy is one of the trending & evergreen career fields for medical students. Also candidates must also note that they can go for higher education in these fields. After completing their UG degree one can pursue PG & doctoral level courses in the above mentioned disciplines.