Top ANM Nursing College in Punjab
2 Year Full-Time Course
Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery, abbreviated as ANM is a two-year certificate-level course that provides knowledge about fields of medicine, healthcare, and providing medical assistance to families, individuals, and society. These professionals are mainly involved in maternity care and assistance to new mothers during their period of pregnancy. ANM course, from Top and Best ANM Nursing College in Punjab, Mohali and Chandigarh, covers a wide range of areas such as Microbiology, Biological Science, Anatomy, Physiology, Sociology, Fundamentals of Nursing, Behavioral Science, and First Aid.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years on or before 31st December in the year in which admission is sought
- The maximum age of the candidate should not exceed more than 35 years
- The candidate should have passed the class 12 examination having Arts or Commerce stream (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, and Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Science or Health care Science – Vocational stream from a recognized Board.
- The candidate should be medically fit and might have to provide a certificate declaring the same.
- Candidates who should have passed class 12 from the Arts or Science stream conducted by the National Institute of Open School are also eligible.
- The candidate should be admitted once a year.
It’s no wonder, Nurses are consistently ranked as the most highly trusted professionals in India and worldwide. If you are poised to enter a field where demand is growing every day for skilled healthcare professionals, with outstanding opportunities throughout the country, and excellent income potential, the Department of Nursing (SPHE) of Saraswati Group of Colleges, Top ANM College in Punjab, Mohali, Chandigarh is helping Nursing professionals with well-equipped State-of-the-Art Labs and Multispecialty Parent hospital for Experiential learning.
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
This course will help students develop an understanding of the philosophy, objectives and responsibilities of nurse in community. The purpose of the course is to orient to the current concepts involved in the practice of community health nursing.
This course helps to identify health problems / needs and resources in the community and mobilize social support for active participation of the community in health care activities.
CHILD HEALTH NURSING
This course is aimed at developing an understanding of the modern approach to child care, the common health problems of children and neonates in health and sickness.
PRIMARY HEALTH CARE
THIS COURSE is helpful to provide better health care services to the rural areas and urban slums
CHILD HEALTH NURSING (Practical)
The student will:-
- Be posted in pediatric medical and surgical ward, OPD in hospital, health centre and neonatal unit.
- Visit a centre for handicapped children and child welfare centre and write observation report.
- Write an observation study of normal children of various age groups in home/nursery school/ crèche.
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING (practical)
The students will be allotted families for gaining experience in identifying family health needs, health counseling and guidance and family budgeting for optimum health.
The students will participate in the activities of primary health centre, Sub-centre, MCH Centre.
Visits will be made to selected health and welfare agencies, water purification plant and sewage disposal plant, infectious disease hospital.
Conduct health educational programs for individual/groups/community.
This course is to prepare midwives who are able to provide effective and appropriate primary, secondary and tertiary care to improve the health of women, new- born and families in various settings.
HEALTH CENTER MANAGEMENT
The course enables the students to understand the national health care delivery system and to participate in the delivery of community health nursing.
Examination Fee Details
Pay through Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI
*Term and conditions
At the end of the BAMS course, the student will learn about:-
- PO1. Students will be able to apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems, and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families, and communities.
- PO2. Students will be able to provide promotive, preventive, curative, and restorative health services in line with the National health policies and programs.
- PO3. Students will have critical thinking skills in decision-making in all situations and will utilize the latest trends and technologies to provide quality health care.
- PO4. Students will recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.
- PO5. Students will be able to minimize the risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.
- PO6. Students will be able to function effectively within nursing and interdisciplinary teams for providing quality patient care.
- PS1. To prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services.
- PS2. To prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate the individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, and community nursing services.
- PS3. To prepare nurses to make use of the evidence-based practice in the area of nursing practice.
- PS4. To prepare nurses to use technology and synthesize information and collaborate to make critical decisions that optimize patient outcomes.
- PS5. To prepare nurses to practice within the framework of the code of ethics and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
Having super speciality 100 Bedded Hospital
- Professional Enhancement
Regular interactions with Doctors, industry experts, and researchers.
- Hands-on Training and Technic
Regular basis Workshops and webinars on Research, Drug Regulatory Affairs (DRA), Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), SPSS, Computer-Aided Drug Designing (CADD), Validation, and instrumentations help develop research skills in students.
- Holistic Growth
Designed to assist t students in developing expertise and in-depth knowledge in the field of Medical-Surgical Nursing. It will help students to appreciate the patient as a holistic individual and can develop skills to function as a specialized Medical-Surgical Nurse.
Ethical guidelines help nurses work through difficult situations and provide them with a moral compass to do their jobs fairly.
- Industry Ready
Specially designed course suitable for job placement in Healthcare companies and research organizations
- Knowledge Enhancement and Learning
The curriculum of this course lays strong emphasis on in-depth knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of Nursing.
I am glad for being a part of this reputed college. SGC has given shape to my dreams. Apart from academics, it also gives plenty of opportunities for extra-curricular activities. Students from far and wide study in this institution, which is the beauty of unity in diversity.
Km Bal Kiran
The teachers are highly qualified and knowledgeable, and are always available whenever we needed them. The course curriculum is relevant and new-age.
How to apply ?
Step 1 – Signup
Visit sgcollege.edu.in/ SGCADMIT. Sign up or register with basic details (i.e. name, email id, mobile no., state, gender, and password). Login to the SGCADMIT with an already created username/ password. * Your email id will act as your username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
Step 2 – Book Your Slot
After successfully creating your candidate SGCADMITprofile, you’ll be taken to registration fee page. Pay your fees by logging into the dashboard and complete your profile.
Step 3 – University Examination (PPMET)
After successfully booking the seat, the candidates have to fill the PPMET application form. The link for registration shall be available/sent on your profile and email.
Step 4 – Counselling
Upon successfully clearing the PPMET exam, you have to apply for counseling through your SGC portal, followed by SOP uploading.
Step 5 – Admission
You become eligible for admission into Saraswati Group of Colleges after the declaration of counseling result and submission of requisite fees.