Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a two-year postgraduate program that teaches the development and distribution of drugs and medicines. Pharmaceutical Chemistry, which is the core branch of pharmacy, includes methods, techniques, and analysis for the synthesis and development of drugs that cure different types of diseases. Recognized as a laboratory-focused program, it teaches process chemistry, medicinal chemistry, analytical techniques in chemistry, pharmaceutical quality control and quality assurance, and more.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
All those candidates who have passed B.Sc. (Medical / Non-Medical) from a university recognized by UGC with Chemistry as one of the subjects.
It’s no wonder, Nurses are consistently ranked as the most highly trusted professionals in India and worldwide. If you are poised to enter a field where demand is growing every day for skilled healthcare professionals, with outstanding opportunities throughout the country, and excellent income potential, the Department of Nursing (SPHE) of Saraswati Group of Colleges is helping Nursing professionals with well-equipped State-of-the-Art Labs and Multispecialty Parent hospital for Experiential learning.
Advanced Organic Chemistry including Heterocyclic Chemistry
In this subject, students will learn about heterocyclic compounds and their significance in contemporary organic chemistry, including how to synthesize the most prevalent heterocycles and learn about their chemical characteristics.
Advanced training in analytical techniques is offered to students in this course. This will involve a thorough theoretical foundation, hands-on instruction, and a critical comprehension of the laboratory-based approaches they’ll use in their research projects. A thorough analysis of the precise analytical methods pertinent to their research topics will be covered in thissubject.
Spectral Analytical Technique
The introduction to contemporary spectroscopy techniques, including time-resolved laser approaches, will be covered in this course. Mass spectrometry, ultraviolet and visible spectroscopy, infrared spectroscopy, Raman, fluorescence, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, time-resolved spectra including lifetime measurements, etc. will be covered in terms of theory and application to chemical research concerns.
Organic and Analytical Laboratory
The main goal of this subject is to teach students the fundamental ideas, concepts, and methods of contemporary analytical chemistry so they can develop an analytical mindset and the skills necessary to solve a variety of analytical problems quickly and quantitatively while emphasizing the value of accuracy and precision in analytical results.
In this subject, students will learn how to recognize scientific problems, formulate hypotheses based on literature, plan experiments, and present the findings for the benefit of humanity.
Chemistry of Natural Products
In this subject, students will learn varied types of alkaloids, glycosides & terpenes etc., and understand their chemistry and medicinal significance.
Chemistry of Drugs I
The subject covers Introduction to Pharmaceuticals, Historical development, Classification drugs, Nomenclature of Pharmaceuticals & Drug metabolism reactions. In addition, it includes topics such as Hormones, Vitamins, Cholinergic agents, Cardiovascular drugs, GeneralAnesthetics, Local Anesthetics, CNS Active Drugs, CNS Depressants.
Chemistry of Natural Products-Lab
Structure, stereochemistry (wherever involved), nomenclature, mode of action, specific clinical applications and structure activity relationships, and synthesis of prototypical drugs in each category (Chemical & Pharmacological) for the following classes of drugs.
Chemistry of Drugs II
Structure, stereochemistry (wherever involved), nomenclature, mode of action, specific clinical applications and structure activity relationships, and synthesis of prototypical drugs in each category (Chemical & Pharmacological) for the following classes of drugs are the major topics included in the syllabus.
Chemistry of Drugs III
The following classes of drugs are described in terms of their structure, stereochemistry nomenclature, mode of action, specific clinical applications, structure–activity relationships, biosynthesis of naturally occurring compounds, and synthesis of model drugs in each category (Chemical & Pharmacological).
Drug Design and Development
The subject covers History of Chronological Evolution, Quantum Mechanics, Drug Receptor Interactions, Computer Aided Drug Designing, Pharmacokinetics in Drug designing, Peptidomimetics, Prodrug Approach.
Drug Synthesis Lab
Preparation of organic drugs involving more than two steps synthesis and obtaining their UV (If Chromospheres is present) IR, H-NMR spectra and their interpretation. The following compounds will be covered for synthesis: Acetanilide, Barbituric acid, Hippuric id, Diketoperazine, Paracetamol 2-amino-5-bromopyridine, Nitrazepam, Sulfanilamide, Sulfathiazole,Diphenyhydantoin,Phenylbutazone,Nifedipine,Alcofenac,Baclofen,Tolmetin ,Procarbazine ,Ketoprofen, Amphetamine.
The research work on an allotted research project based on the related discipline completed by the candidate on the stipulated time (6 months).
- Two hard bound copy to be submitted by the candidate in the Institute.
- The thesis evaluated by external examiner appointed/approved by the University.
- The final marks allotted by the external examiners and supervisors after completion of viva-voce and presentation.
Examination Fee Details
Pay through Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI
*Term and conditions
- PO1. Achieve Academic ExcellenceThe in-depth understanding of various subjects in the program will help in achieving academic excellence.
- PO2. Conduct investigations of complicated problemsUtilize research-based knowledge and techniques, such as the design of experiments, the analysis and interpretation of data, and the synthesis of the information to produce accurate findings.
- PO3. Technical ExpertiseStudents can apply the knowledge of various terms, abbreviations, and symbols typically used in pharmaceutical and medical fields while prescribing, dispensing, and charting prescriptions in pharmacies.
- PO4. EthicsStudents will Adhere to professional ethics, obligations, and standards of pharmacy practice. They receive training in ethical conduct when working alongside doctors, nurses, and other paramedical workers in order to safeguard patients’ health.
- PO5. Research SkillsStudents can independently plan and carry out research projects.
- PS1. Professional & Personal DevelopmentTo pursue a lifetime of professional and personal development while adhering to moral principles and building one’s self-esteem.
- PS2. Usage of Modern methods Students can select, create and use relevant techniques, resources, and modern methods while being aware of their uses and limitations. They also gain the knowledge of a variety of tools that are inter-related to their studies and that will aid them in working in the pharmaceutical industry, pharmacovigilance, regulatory requirements, legal processes, etc.
- PS3. Competent for Multidisciplinary JobsCompetent to perform multidisciplinary jobs in various sectors of the pharmaceutical industry and would be able to produce quality project reports in a diverse setting considering the development of new technologies.
- PS4. Design and develop dosage formsFor the convenience of patients, pharmacy students could prepare a variety of dosage forms in pharmaceutical companies.
- PS5. Interpersonal Communication SkillsThrough interpersonal communication skills, students can communicate effectively during pharmaceutical activities with the community and society.
Having super speciality 100 Bedded Hospital
- High-demand FieldThe pharmaceutical business, colleges & universities, biotechnological enterprises, chemical or biomedical industries, scientific industries, govt./pvt. hospitals, defense services, etc. are among those industries that are continually hiring MSc Pharmaceutical Chemistry graduates.
- Enhancing knowledge and learningThe primary focus of the curriculum is providing an in-depth understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of M.Sc. Pharmaceutical program.
- Lucrative PackagesAs the Healthcare industry is booming so students will get the opportunity to grab lucrative packages from the industry.
- National and international webinarsStudents can engage with corporate executives through seminars and webinars and get the exposure to interact with industry professionals.
- EthicsStudents will gain knowledge on how to uphold high standards of credibility, honesty, and social responsibility in order to fulfill their professional and ethical obligations.
How to apply ?
Step 1 – Signup
Visit sgcollege.edu.in/ SGCADMIT. Sign up or register with basic details (i.e. name, email id, mobile no., state, gender, and password). Login to the SGCADMIT with an already created username/ password. * Your email id will act as your username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
Step 2 – Book Your Slot
After successfully creating your candidate SGCADMITprofile, you’ll be taken to registration fee page. Pay your fees by logging into the dashboard and complete your profile.
Step 3 – University Examination (PPMET)
After successfully booking the seat, the candidates have to fill the PPMET application form. The link for registration shall be available/sent on your profile and email.
Step 4 – Counselling
Upon successfully clearing the PPMET exam, you have to apply for counseling through your SGC portal, followed by SOP uploading.
Step 5 – Admission
You become eligible for admission into Saraswati Group of Colleges after the declaration of counseling result and submission of requisite fees.