B.Sc. Cardiac Care Technology is a three-year undergraduate program in the field of medicine that teaches the treatment and diagnosis of heart disorders and the circulatory system. The course incorporates theory and hands-on practice and upskills students about technical aspects of the cardiovascular system, emergency invasive procedures, and related. The degree includes the study of human anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, blood banking, hematology, and cardiac care technology, just to name a few.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum academic requirement is 10+2 with science.
- The minimum aggregate score requirement is 50%.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
It’s no wonder, Nurses are consistently ranked as the most highly trusted professionals in India and worldwide. If you are poised to enter a field where demand is growing every day for skilled healthcare professionals, with outstanding opportunities throughout the country, and excellent income potential, the Department of Nursing (SPHE) of Saraswati Group of Colleges is helping Nursing professionals with well-equipped State-of-the-Art Labs and Multispecialty Parent hospital for Experiential learning.
Deep Knowledge of the concept of bones, Structures of the human body, and systemic anatomy (specific organ systems, for example, the Heart, Digestive system, and Muscles).
Knowledge of the concept of Blood, Functions of human body organs, Lungs, Heart, GIT system.
Deep knowledge of about cell biology & biochemistry, protein, nutrition, metabolism
Human Anatomy-I (Practical)
Demonstration of various parts of human body system like (Respiratory, Digestive, Circulatory system, skin), Study of Bones, Muscles (skeletal, smooth, cardiac).
Human Physiology-I (Practical)
Examination of blood, Determination of Bleeding time and clotting time, Blood Pressure estimation, Clinical examination of Arterial Pulse, Determination of Blood groups, Estimation of Hemoglobin
Students learn practical aspects of biochemistry, safety measures in laboratories, preparation of normal and moral solution separation of amino acid /sugar/base by the thin layer, estimation of vitamin c.
To learn effective communication both oral & written.
Theory of communication, Language of communication, Reading and understanding, Documenting, Report writing, Making Notes, Letter Writing.
Interactive practice sessions in language lab on oral communication
Conversations and dialogues
Communication at workplace
Effective communication/ Mis-communication
Human values, De-addiction & Traffic Rules
To develop a sense of social responsibility, traffic rules and about menace of drugs. Introduction of process for value education, understanding harmony in the human being, Understanding harmony in the family and society, Harmony in human relationship.
Human values, De-addiction & Traffic Rules Lab/Seminar
Once each seminar will be organized on drug de-addiction and traffic rules. Eminent scholar and experts of the subject will be called for the seminar at least once during the seminar. It will be binding for all the students to attend the seminar.
Mentoring & Professional Development
To learn the lifelong learning skills.
- Part A (Class Activities) – Group discussion, video lectures, Quiz, Presentation By the students.
- Part B (Outdoor Activities) – Sports, Society activities, Cultural club etc.
Human Anatomy II
Fundamental concepts of human anatomy, Urinary System, Reproductive System, Endocrine Gland, Nervous System.
Human Physiology II
Classification and function of Excretory system, Central Nervous system, physiology of nerve muscle, Reproductive System.
Study of Nucleic acid & its metabolism, metabolism of amino acid, clinical biochemistry.
Human Anatomy II (Practical)
Demonstration of parts of urinary system, reproductive system, nervous system, cranial & spinal system, models of eye, ear.
Human Physiology II (Practical)
Examine cranial nerve, photo pupillary reflex, deep tendon reflex, sensory system, motor system, eye reflex, histology slides of different types of muscle tissue.
Biochemistry II (Practical)
To visit clinical biochemistry laboratory and learn about liver function test, renal function test, urine sugar and protein level, analysis of normal urine, lipid profile, cardiac markers.
Students learn about the natural resources, environmental scop, awareness, Biodiversity & its conservation, field work visit to a national park, Agriculture.
Mentoring & Professional Development
Students learn the lifelong learning skills, Expert and video lectures, Aptitude Test, Quiz (General/Technical), Group Discussion.
Examination Fee Details
Pay through Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI
*Term and conditions
- PO1. Principals Utilize and apply the concepts, theories, and principles of applied sciences (anatomy, physiology, and physics) relevant to cardiology techniques.
- PO2. Hands-on Practice Demonstrate advanced competence in the practice of cardiology. Operating all the imaging equipment independently and performing the image processing. Cath lab, all interventional cardiology procedures like angioplasty, stenting, and heart valve surgery.
- PO3. Leadership Demonstrate leadership qualities and function effectively in medical imaging and interventional cardiology.
- PO4. DisciplineEstablish a collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines.
- PO5. Learning technical skills of cardiology.
- PO6. Developing medical ethics and moral values.
- PO7. Detailed knowledge of the cardiovascular system.
- PS1. Understand the basic PrincipleDetailed subject knowledge of anatomy, and physiology giving insights into cardiac function and circulatory control with awareness and comprehension of all related ailments.
- PS2. Advance cardiology practiceUnderstanding of concepts and constructs of the theoretical basis of advanced cardiology practice has been providing quality cardiovascular care using advanced diagnosis and treatment options.
- PS3. Code of EthicsEthical guidance about cardiographer/cardiology, Cath lab technician roles, duties, responsibilities, behaviors, professional judgment relationships with patients, other people who are receiving radiological care or services, employers, and health professionals.
- GeneticsApproaches to common genetic disorders. Genetic testing – the basis of genetic diagnosis, pre-symptomatic and predisposition testing, Prenatal diagnosis & screening, Ethical, legal & psychosocial issues in genetic testing. Genetic counseling.
- PS5. Introduction to advancement in cardiac care.
- PS6. Becoming an expert as an associate in all interventional cardiology procedures and machinery.
Having super speciality 100 Bedded Hospital
The faculty of B.Sc. Cardiac Care Technology is very supportive and helps the students in shaping their careers.
Pankaj Kumar Sharma
SGC has fully furnished separate hostel facilities for boys and girls and caters to the safety and comfort of the students. The hostel accommodations are well equipped with all the modern amenities and are under the supervision of a caring and experienced warden.
How to apply ?
Step 1 – Signup
Visit sgcollege.edu.in/ SGCADMIT. Sign up or register with basic details (i.e. name, email id, mobile no., state, gender, and password). Login to the SGCADMIT with an already created username/ password. * Your email id will act as your username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
Step 2 – Book Your Slot
After successfully creating your candidate SGCADMITprofile, you’ll be taken to registration fee page. Pay your fees by logging into the dashboard and complete your profile.
Step 3 – University Examination (PPMET)
After successfully booking the seat, the candidates have to fill the PPMET application form. The link for registration shall be available/sent on your profile and email.
Step 4 – Counselling
Upon successfully clearing the PPMET exam, you have to apply for counseling through your SGC portal, followed by SOP uploading.
Step 5 – Admission
You become eligible for admission into Saraswati Group of Colleges after the declaration of counseling result and submission of requisite fees.