Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology (abbreviated as B.Sc. Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology) is a 3-year (6 semesters) undergraduate program that equips students with skills in the area of radiology & imaging technology. Affiliated with I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University Jalandhar, our program incorporates diagnostic radiology and interventional radiology and brings students hands-on with procedures like X-rays, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and more.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum academic requirement is 10+2 (science stream).
- The minimum aggregate score requirement is 50%.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
It’s no wonder, Nurses are consistently ranked as the most highly trusted professionals in India and worldwide. If you are poised to enter a field where demand is growing every day for skilled healthcare professionals, with outstanding opportunities throughout the country, and excellent income potential, the Department of Nursing (SPHE) of Saraswati Group of Colleges is helping Nursing professionals with well-equipped State-of-the-Art Labs and Multispecialty Parent hospital for Experiential learning.
Deep Knowledge of the concept of bones, Structures of the human body, and systemic anatomy (specific organ systems, for example, the Heart, Digestive system, and Muscles).
Knowledge of the concept of Blood, Functions of human body organs, Lungs, Heart, and GIT system.
Introduction of Photographic process, X-Ray department, Radiographic films, Film processing, Radiograph of bones.
Human Anatomy-I (Practical)
Demonstration of various parts of the human body system (like Respiratory, Digestive, Circulatory System, Skin), Study of Bones, and Muscles (Skeletal, Smooth, Cardiac).
Human Physiology-I (Practical)
Examination of blood, Determination of Bleeding time and clotting time, Blood Pressure estimation, Clinical examination of Arterial Pulse, Determination of Blood groups, Estimation of Hemoglobin
Radiographic photography-I (Practical)
Radiographic Positioning, Test to check the X-ray film and screen contract in the cassette, to test to check light leakage in the cassette.
To learn effective communication both oral & written.
Theory of communication, Language of communication, Reading and understanding, Documenting, Report writing, Making Notes, Letter Writing.
Interactive practice sessions in the language lab on oral communication
Conversations and dialogues
Communication at workplace
Effective communication/ Mis-communication
Human values, De-addiction & Traffic Rules
To develop a sense of social responsibility, traffic rules, and the menace of drugs. Introduction of the process for value education, understanding harmony in the human being, Understanding harmony in the family and society, and Harmony in human relationships.
Human values, De-addiction & Traffic Rules Lab/Seminar
Once each seminar will be organized on drug de-addiction and traffic rules. Eminent scholars and experts on the subject will be called for the seminar at least once during the seminar. It will be binding for all the students to attend the seminar.
Mentoring & Professional Development
To learn lifelong learning skills.
Part A (Class Activities) – Group discussion, video lectures, Quiz, Presentation By the students.
Part B (Outdoor Activities) – Sports, Society activities, Cultural club, etc.
Human Anatomy II
Fundamental concepts of human anatomy, Urinary System, Respiratory System, Endocrine Gland, and Nervous System.
Human Physiology II
Classification and function of Endocrine Gland, Central Nervous system, Eye, Reproductive System.
Radiographic Photography II
Presentation of Radiograph, Darkroom, fluoroscopy, Some Special imaging process, Xeroradiography, Digital substraction application, Radiographic image quality, Viewing accessories.
Human Anatomy II (Practical)
Students learn practical aspects of the excretory system, prepare the charts, and model the structure of the eye and ear and learn reproductive system.
Human Physiology II (Practical)
Students learn and perform the practice of estimation of hemoglobin concentration, Determination of blood group, bleeding time & clotting time, and vital capacity.
Radiographic Photography II (Practical)
Students learn the radiographic positioning and perform an x-ray, prepare a characteristic curve of a radiographic film, and check the effect of safelight on exposed as well as unexposed x-ray film.
Students learn about the natural resources, environmental scope, awareness, biodiversity & its conservation, and visit the national park and agricultural land.
Mentoring & Professional Development
Students learn lifelong learning skills, expert and video lectures, aptitude tests, quizzes (general/technical), and group discussions.
Examination Fee Details
Pay through Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI
*Term and conditions
- PO1. Principle Understanding the basic concepts, and theory of applied sciences (anatomy, physiology, physics) relevant to radiology.
- PO2. Hands-on Practice Operating all the imaging equipment independently and performing the image processing. X-Ray, Fluoroscopy, DEXA, Mammography, Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Ultrasound.
- PO3. Leadership A radiologist can lead and manage facility-based quality, and infrastructure by instituting quality improvement. Evaluate medical image quality.
- PO4. Discipline Establish a collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines. Radiology is a medical discipline that uses imaging to diagnose diseases and guide their treatment, in the bodies of humans and other animals.
- PO5. Learning technical skills of radiology.
- PO6. Developing medical ethics and moral values.
- PO7. Remember the relationship between physics and radiology & modern imaging techniques.
- PS1. Understand the basic Principle Detailed subject knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and radiation physics with an awareness understanding of all related diseases.
- PS2. Advance radiology practice Understand the concepts of theory & practical advanced imaging techniques, 3D Multi scanner CT, Digital Radiography system, hybrid techniques, and care of the patient.
- PS3. Code of Ethics Ethics and professionalism are providing good radiographic practice, radiographers/radiological technologists’ roles, duties, responsibilities, behaviors, professional judgment relationships with patients, other people who are receiving radiological care or services, employers, and health professionals.
- PS4. Genetics Approaches to common genetic disorders. Genetic testing – the basis of genetic diagnosis, pre-symptomatic and predisposition testing, Prenatal diagnosis & screening, Ethical, legal & psychosocial issues in genetic testing. Genetic counseling.
- PS5. Prepare a plan for handling patients with drugs and equipment in general as well as in emergencies.
- PS6. Determine the protocols of radiology procedure & evaluating the factors affecting the technical quality of image and different pathology conditions.
Having super speciality 100 Bedded Hospital
Hello! My self KamreenShowket, I am from Kashmir. I am the student of BSc. Radiology and Imaging Technology at SGC. The opportunities we get by performing clinical duties in different hospitals gave us good exposure. The best advantage about the college is having its own hospital and skilled doctors.
I am Nadiya from the Saraswati College of Pharmacy pursuing B.Sc. RIT 2nd sem. Our campus is very good in every aspect whether it is studies, faculty or practical norms. If I talk about the academics, our teachers are very supportive and hardworking. They teach us so well and are ready to help us anytime, anywhere.
Hello, I am Yassir Ahmed from Doda. I am pursuing B.Sc. Radiology and Imaging Technology at SGC. The institute offers various UG and PG programs and conducts workshops, seminars, conferences and guest lectures for enhancement of the students .
How to apply ?
Step 1 – Signup
Visit sgcollege.edu.in/ SGCADMIT. Sign up or register with basic details (i.e. name, email id, mobile no., state, gender, and password). Login to the SGCADMIT with an already created username/ password. * Your email id will act as your username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
Step 2 – Book Your Slot
After successfully creating your candidate SGCADMITprofile, you’ll be taken to registration fee page. Pay your fees by logging into the dashboard and complete your profile.
Step 3 – University Examination (PPMET)
After successfully booking the seat, the candidates have to fill the PPMET application form. The link for registration shall be available/sent on your profile and email.
Step 4 – Counselling
Upon successfully clearing the PPMET exam, you have to apply for counseling through your SGC portal, followed by SOP uploading.
Step 5 – Admission
You become eligible for admission into Saraswati Group of Colleges after the declaration of counseling result and submission of requisite fees.