Best Post Basic BSc Nursing College in Punjab
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic), also referred to as PBBSc, is a two-year undergraduate program designed to enhance the nursing skills of professionals who already have a background in the field. The curriculum of this course, which is a holistic mixture of classroom lectures and hands-on training inculcates an in-depth understanding of advanced-level nursing and nurtures top-tier professionals who are capable of providing complete medical care to patients.
Saraswati group of colleges is the one among the Top Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing College in Punjab, Mohali, and Chandigarh.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Registered Nurses Midwife (Diploma in Nursing) with a minimum one year experience.
The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of:
- GNM with minimum 50% marks from an institute that is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after GNM either in a hospital or as a whole-time public health nurse
- The candidate shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
I am really honored and feel very privileged to function as HOD of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Department in Top Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing College in Punjab, Mohali, and Chandigarh i.e. Saraswati Group of Colleges Gharuan, Mohali, Punjab. Our college have the distinction of being known as one of the pioneers in the steam of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing. Our goal is to follow the forefront path of learning teaching and research. We truly have a skillful college with a supportive and involved parent community, dedicated and highly experienced staff along with excellent resources and buildings and the most hardworking students to work.
I will end up by saying that “The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence” (Rabindranath Tagore).
This course will help students develop an understanding of the philosophy, objectives and responsibilities of nursing as a profession. The purpose of the course is to orient to the current concepts involved in the practice of nursing and developments in the nursing profession.
BIOCHEMISTRY AND BIOPHYSICS
This course introduces the basic principles of biochemistry and biophysics related to nursing.
The student is offered an opportunity to apply the theoretical concepts in the clinical setting and thereby understand the psychodynamics of patient behaviour.
It provides opportunities to gain skill in handling and use of microscope for identifying various micro-organisms.
This course is designed to widen the student’s knowledge of obstetrics during pregnancy, labor and puerperium.
CHILD HEALTH NURSING
This course is aimed at developing an understanding of the modern approach to child care, the common health problems of children and neonates in health and sickness.
MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING
The purpose of this course is to widen the student’s knowledge and develop proficiency in caring for patients with medical surgical problems. This course includes review of relevant anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology in medical-surgical disorders and the nursing management of these conditions.
This course is designed to help the student understand and usage of English language required for their professional work.
CHILD HEALTH NURSING
While giving nursing care in the wards they will practice collection and processing of specimens, prevention and control of hospital infections, sterilization, immunization, chemotherapy and maintenance of personal and environmental hygiene.
MATERNAL NURSING (Practical)
The students will be posted in antenatal clinic, antenatal ward, labour room, postnatal ward, maternity OT, MTP room. Visit welfare agencies for women and report. Antenatal and post-natal examination, per vaginal exam.
Conduct normal delivery, stitching of episiotomy, (For male candidates minimum conduct of 5 deliveries)
CHILD HEALTH NURSING (Practical)
The student will:-
- Be posted in pediatric medical and surgical ward, OPD in hospital, health centre and neonatal unit.
- Visit a centre for handicapped children and child welfare centre and write observation report.
- Write an observation study of normal children of various age groups in home/nursery school/ crèche.
MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING (practical)
Students should rotated in the selected medical and surgical areas, like
- cardio thoracic,
- Burns and Reconstructive surgical units.
This course it reorient students to sociology related to community and social institution in India and its relationship with health, illness and nursing.
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
The course enables the students to understand the national health care delivery system and to participate in the delivery of community health nursing.
MENTAL HEALTH NURSING
This course enable the students to recognize and appreciate the causes, symptoms and process of abnormal human behavior. This course helps the student to learn principles of mental health and psychiatric nursing and to develop beginning skills in the management of the mentally ill in hospital and community.
INTRODUCTION TO NURSING EDUCATION
This course introduced the students to principles and concepts of education, curriculum development and methods and media of teaching.
INTRODUCTION TO NURSING SERVICE ADMINSTRATION
This course is designed to give an opportunity to the student to gain an understanding of the principles of administration and its application to nursing service. It is also intended to assist the students to develop an understanding of professional leadership need.
INTRODUCTION TO RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
This course is designed to provide evidence to support nursing practices.
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING(practical)
The students will be allotted families for gaining experience in identifying family health needs, health counseling and guidance and family budgeting for optimum health.
The students will participate in the activities of primary health centre, Sub-centre, MCH Centre.
Visits will be made to selected health and welfare agencies, water purification plant and sewage disposal plant, infectious disease hospital.
Conduct health educational programmes for individual/groups/community.
MENTAL HEALTH NURSING (practical)
The student will be provided opportunity to:
Observe, record and report the behavior of their selected patients. Record the process of interaction
Assess the nursing needs of their selected patients, plan and implement the nursing intervention.
Write observation report after a field visit to the following places: Child guidance clinic,
School/Special Schools (For Mentally subnormal) Mental Hospital
Community mental health centres, De-addiction centre.
Examination Fee Details
Pay through Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI
*Term and conditions
- PO1. Students will be able to apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems, and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families, and communities.
- PO2. Students will be able to provide promotive, preventive, curative, and restorative health services in line with the National health policies and programs.
- PO3. Students will have critical thinking skills in decision-making in all situations and will utilize the latest trends and technologies to provide quality health care.
- PO4. Students will recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.
- PO5.Students will be able to minimize the risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.
- PO6.Students will be able to function effectively within nursing and interdisciplinary teams for providing quality patient care.
- PS1. To prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services.
- PS2. To prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate the individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, and community nursing services.
- PS3.To prepare nurses to make use of the evidence-based practice in the area of nursing practice.
- PS4. To prepare nurses to use technology and synthesize information and collaborate to make critical decisions that optimize patient outcomes.
- PS5.To prepare nurses to practice within the framework of the code of ethics and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
Having super speciality 100 Bedded Hospital
- Professional Enhancement Regular interactions with Doctors and researchers.
- Hands-on Training and Technic Regular basis Workshops and webinars on Research, Drug Regulatory Affairs (DRA), Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), SPSS, Computer-Aided Drug Designing (CADD), Validation, and instrumentations help develop research skills in students.
- Holistic Growth Designed to assist t students in developing expertise and in-depth knowledge in the field of Medical-Surgical Nursing. It will help students to appreciate the patient as a holistic individual and can develop skills to function as a specialized Medical-Surgical Nurse.
- Ethics Ethical guidelines help nurses work through difficult situations and provide them with a moral compass to do their jobs fairly.
- Industry Ready Specially designed course suitable for job placement in Healthcare companies and research organizations.
- Knowledge Enhancement and Learning The curriculum of this course lays strong emphasis on in-depth knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of Nursing.
How to apply ?
Step 1 – Signup
Visit sgcollege.edu.in/ SGCADMIT. Sign up or register with basic details (i.e. name, email id, mobile no., state, gender, and password). Login to the SGCADMIT with an already created username/ password. * Your email id will act as your username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
Step 2 – Book Your Slot
After successfully creating your candidate SGCADMIT profile, you’ll be taken to registration fee page. Pay your fees by logging into the dashboard and complete your profile.
Step 3 – University Examination (PPMET)
After successfully booking the seat, the candidates have to fill the PPMET application form. The link for registration shall be available/sent on your profile and email.
Step 4 – Counselling
Upon successfully clearing the PPMET exam, you have to apply for counseling through your SGC portal, followed by SOP uploading.
Step 5 – Admission
You become eligible for admission into Saraswati Group of Colleges after the declaration of counseling result and submission of requisite fees.