Bachelor of Science in Optometry, also known as B.Sc. Optometry, is a three-year full-time degree course that teaches the study of the human eye and vision care. The core of the program consists of the study of life sciences vision and optometric sciences anatomy and physiology of vision, mechanisms of disease, and optics. Along with studying the human eye, the candidate will also be getting acquainted with the use of various kinds of tools and equipment related to eye treatment. Pursue B.Sc. Optometry from Top BSc Optometry College in Punjab, Mohali, Chandigarh. Visit SGC College website for admissions.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
The minimum education requirements shall be:
- 10+2 with science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology)/ Diploma in Optometry with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- Minimum 50% pass percentage in 10+2.
- The candidate shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
It’s no wonder, Nurses are consistently ranked as the most highly trusted professionals in India and worldwide. If you are poised to enter a field where demand is growing every day for skilled healthcare professionals, with outstanding opportunities throughout the country, and excellent income potential, the Department of Nursing (SPHE) of Saraswati Group of Colleges is helping Nursing professionals with well-equipped State-of-the-Art Labs and Multispecialty Parent hospital for Experiential learning.
Studentswilllearnbasicconcepts of human anatomy.Thissubject will develop an understanding of the structure and function of organs and organsystems innormalhumanbody for their better understanding in clinical practice.
To learn the fundamentalconceptsofHuman Physiology.
Studentswill learn knowledgeof basic biochemistryand cell biology concepts for functioning of human body.
Basics of Human Anatomy-I (Practical)
To make the students learn the practical aspects of human anatomy.
Tomakethestudentslearn practicalaspectsof HumanPhysiology.
Basics ofBiochemistry-I (Practical)
Tomakethestudents learnpracticalaspects ofBiochemistry.
Human Values, De-addiction and Traffic Rules
To develop a sense of social responsibility, traffic rules and about menace of drugs.
Human Values, De-addiction and Traffic Rules (Lab/ Seminar)
Understandingtheneed,basicguidelines,and social responsibility, ValueEducation by means of seminars, workshops and interactions between students.
Mentoring and Professional Development
To learn the life-long learning skills
To learn the fundamental concepts of human anatomy.
To introduce the basic concepts of human physiology.
To introduce the basic concepts of cell biology and biochemistry.
BasicsofAnatomy– 2 (Practical)
To make the students learn practical aspects of Human Anatomy with the help ofdemonstrations.
To make the students learn practical aspects of Human Physiology.
To make the students learn practical aspects of Biochemistry and clinical tests.
To understand basics of Environmental issues.
Examination Fee Details
Pay through Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI
*Term and conditions
- PO1. Advanced Knowledge of health care delivery systems and practical application in basic allied and health sciences, general and ocular medical sciences, and visual sciences.
- PO2. Be able to provide quality vision care through complete and apt measurement, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and management of eye and vision-related conditions.
- PO3. Ability to prevent, detect, diagnose, and manage visual conditions and processes caused by systemic diseases.
- PO4. Adopt the appropriate standards of personal, professional, and ethical values to suit the health care system.
- PO5. Contribute to the advancement of optometry by conducting and exhibiting clinical studies that will lead to improved quality of life.
- PS1. Deeper knowledge of the basic and ocular sciences, visual sciences, clinical sciences, and understanding of health care delivery systems.
- PS2. Evaluation and application of knowledge in a systemic way and ability to make an appropriate diagnosis to provide quality eye and vision care.
- PS3. Detect, diagnose, and manage visual conditions effectively through prevention, detection, and diagnosis.
- PS4.Basic understanding of ethical principles and professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the optometry practice.
- PS5. Participate in research and clinical studies that will lead to advancement in optometry and health sciences.
Having super speciality 100 Bedded Hospital
- Skills enhancement This course will help students to engage themselves in self-assessment through hands-on training and regular field visits and refine existing skills and acquire new skills for patient care and professional advancement.
- Ethics Ethical guidelines help OT technicians through difficult situations and provide them with a moral compass to manage patients and day-to-day work easily.
- Professional upliftmentStudents will learn to participate in industrial safety programs and work with road safety organizations. They may pursue their practice independently or work in reputed institutions to contribute to the welfare of the society
- Team BuildingWorking as a team with an ophthalmologist to co-manage patients.
How to apply ?
Step 1 – Signup
Visit sgcollege.edu.in/ SGCADMIT. Sign up or register with basic details (i.e. name, email id, mobile no., state, gender, and password). Login to the SGCADMIT with an already created username/ password. * Your email id will act as your username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
Step 2 – Book Your Slot
After successfully creating your candidate SGCADMITprofile, you’ll be taken to registration fee page. Pay your fees by logging into the dashboard and complete your profile.
Step 3 – University Examination (PPMET)
After successfully booking the seat, the candidates have to fill the PPMET application form. The link for registration shall be available/sent on your profile and email.
Step 4 – Counselling
Upon successfully clearing the PPMET exam, you have to apply for counseling through your SGC portal, followed by SOP uploading.
Step 5 – Admission
You become eligible for admission into Saraswati Group of Colleges after the declaration of counseling result and submission of requisite fees.