Master of Science in Radiology and Imaging Technology (abbreviated as M.Sc. Radiology and Imaging Technology) is a 2-year postgraduate program that equips students with skills in the area of radiology & imaging technology. Affiliated to I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University Jalandhar, our program teaches Radiation Safety and Protection, Ultrasound Instrumentation and Advanced Tech, CT Instrumentation, Interventional Radiological Techniques, Care of Patients, and more. Apart from academic skills, our course nurtures the intellectual, analytical, and managing skills of the candidates and creates professionals who are plug-in-play for the industry.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be registered with any state medical faculty registration certificate.
The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of:
- BRIT / B.Sc. Radiography / B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology with a compulsory internship or a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- The candidate shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
It’s no wonder, Nurses are consistently ranked as the most highly trusted professionals in India and worldwide. If you are poised to enter a field where demand is growing every day for skilled healthcare professionals, with outstanding opportunities throughout the country, and excellent income potential, the Department of Nursing (SPHE) of Saraswati Group of Colleges is helping Nursing professionals with well-equipped State-of-the-Art Labs and Multispecialty Parent hospital for Experiential learning.
Radiographic Procedure & Principles of Radiographic Exposure
Deep knowledge of about basic review of all radiographic techniques, contrast media, procedures – barium meal, HSG, barium swallow, chest radiography, x-ray production, radiographic image, photographic process.
Modern Imaging Techniques Including Fusion & Hybrid Imaging Technologies
Know about various interventional radiographic procedures, to know about different angiographies & venographies, understanding about ultrasonography & doppler, deep knowledge about CT scan & its techniques and protocols, MRI imaging & techniques of fusion & hybrid imaging.
Advanced Physics of Radiology & Imaging
Study the detailed physics utilized in Imaging such as CT, MRI, USG etc., the physics related to advanced computed tomography, knowledge about ultrasonography & its relevant physics, study & knowledge about machine used in CT scan, MRI & USG.
Instrumentation of Conventional X-ray & Specialized Radiology Equipment
Deep knowledge about electrical supply & requirements for Radiology Equipment’s, to know about fuses, switches, earthing & generators etc. used in radiology, understanding of improving radiographic quality, mobile & portable x-ray equipment, fluoroscopy & other procedures.
Radiographic Procedure & Principles of Radiographic Exposure Lab
Knowledge about basic radiographic techniques & plain radiography, special procedures related to various systems of human body, study about radiographic image & automatic film processor.
Modern Imaging Techniques Including Fusion & Hybrid Imaging Technologies Lab
Know about various interventional radiographic procedures, different angiography, venography, CT scan protocols, MRI techniques & hybrid imaging.
Advanced Physics of Radiology & Imaging Lab
Study about advanced imaging techniques, Imaging techniques such as CT, MRI, USG, etc., knowledge about ultrasonography & its techniques.
Instrumentation of Conventional X-ray & Specialized Radiology Equipment Lab
to know about safety rules of radiographers, x-ray circuit components, devices improving radiographic quality, fluoroscopy & radiography table, AC/DC components, care & maintenance of equipment.
Modern Radiological & Imaging Equipment’s
Deep knowledge about modern equipments in x-ray, tomography & DEXA scan, MRI principle & procedure, digital radiography such as fluoroscopy, mammography etc.
Care of Patient in Diagnostic Radiology
Introduction to patient care & responsibilities of technologist, study about patient transportation & aseptic precautions, basic procedures & first-aid in radiology department, patient education & communication for procedures.
Advanced Techniques & Instrumentation of Ultrasonography
Knowledge about ultrasound & its properties, ultrasound transducers & its advancement, study about advanced imaging such as 3D & 4D USG, doppler imaging & instrumentation.
Advanced Techniques & Instrumentation of Computed Tomography
Knowledge about CT & its properties, study about detector techniques & its advancement, various advance imaging in CT such as 3D & 4D CT, CT of different procedures like angiography, colonoscopy.
Modern Radiological & Imaging Equipment’s Lab
Study about high frequency generator, digital radiography, DEXA scan, Procedure of CT scan & MRI, Procedure of taking Biopsy in radiology department.
Care of Patient in Diagnostic Radiology Lab
Responsibilities of imaging techniques, sterilization techniques, nursing procedure in radiology, general procedures preparation, informed consent, patient care during investigation.
Advanced Techniques & Instrumentation of Ultrasonography Lab
Study about transducers & used in ultrasonography, real-time ultrasound & pulse transmitter, image generation & storage in ultrasonography, tissue ultrasound, 3D & 4D ultrasound, ultrasound contrast agent.
Advanced Techniques & Instrumentation of Computed Tomography Lab
Learn practical about CT procedures angiography, bronchoscopy, colonoscopy, know about whole-body CT & HRCT, general care & tests of CT equipment, MPR & curved MPR, myocardial imaging.
Examination Fee Details
Pay through Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI
*Term and conditions
- PO1. At the end of the program, the student will be able to: On completion of the program, Technologists can advance to a supervisory position in Diagnostic Centers and Hospitals.
- PO2. They can also earn key posts in academic institutions including teaching and research.
- PO3. In industry, Imaging technologists are needed for Application and Software development for Medical Imaging Equipment.
- PO4. This program will build technical knowledge in the student so that he/she will be able to assist an Anesthetist/Surgeon in every aspect of Anesthesia, surgery & other related fields.
- PO5. Engage in lifelong learning and adapt to changing professional and societal needs.
- PO6. The candidates can join Private, Military, and public health services.
- PS1. Students will be competent to work in Hospital Radiology Suites, MRI units, and other related sections.
- PS2. Students will be skilled in problem-solving, and critical thinking and will be able to assist the Radiologist in various procedures.
- PS3. This course provides medical imaging technologists with an understanding of the physical principles as well as theories involved in diagnostic imaging modalities.
- PS4.Students will be able to have all the relevant knowledge of Radiology & Imaging Science and will be able to do various procedures required.
- PS5. This program will create a great source of manpower that can aid in our health sector, especially in the MRI, CT scan, X-ray & Ultrasonography sections.
- PS6. Students will be able to explore new areas of research in Radiology and can also go for research.
- PS7. Students will be able to integrate the knowledge of the various type of Radiological & Imaging procedures along with their in-depth knowledge.
Having super speciality 100 Bedded Hospital
How to apply ?
Step 1 – Signup
Visit sgcollege.edu.in/ SGCADMIT. Sign up or register with basic details (i.e. name, email id, mobile no., state, gender, and password). Login to the SGCADMIT with an already created username/ password. * Your email id will act as your username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
Step 2 – Book Your Slot
After successfully creating your candidate SGCADMITprofile, you’ll be taken to registration fee page. Pay your fees by logging into the dashboard and complete your profile.
Step 3 – University Examination (PPMET)
After successfully booking the seat, the candidates have to fill the PPMET application form. The link for registration shall be available/sent on your profile and email.
Step 4 – Counselling
Upon successfully clearing the PPMET exam, you have to apply for counseling through your SGC portal, followed by SOP uploading.
Step 5 – Admission
You become eligible for admission into Saraswati Group of Colleges after the declaration of counseling result and submission of requisite fees.