Top M.Sc. Nursing College in Punjab
Master of Science in Nursing, abbreviated as M.Sc. Nursing is a postgraduate program that aims at teaching the theories and principles of nursing and allied sciences. The two-year program offered by Saraswati Group of Colleges (SGC), Top MSc Nursing College in Punjab, Mohali, Chandigarh is designed to upskill aspiring nursing candidates in nursing research & statistics, nursing management, pediatric nursing, and medical-surgical nursing and offer new-age specializations namely Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, and Community Health Nursing. Affiliated with I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University Jalandhar, our program combines theory with practice to polish the candidates’ intellectual, analytical, and managing skills.
A candidate has to be a B.Sc. /PB.Sc. in Nursing from a recognized university with a minimum 1 Year experience to be eligible for this course.
It’s no wonder, Nurses are consistently ranked as the most highly trusted professionals in India and worldwide. If you are poised to enter a field where demand is growing every day for skilled healthcare professionals, with outstanding opportunities throughout the country, and excellent income potential, the Department of Nursing (SPHE) of Best MSC Nursing College in Punjab, Saraswati Group of Colleges is helping Nursing professionals with well-equipped State-of-the-Art Labs and Multispecialty Parent hospital for Experiential learning.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of:
- B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institute that is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience before or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidate shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
Deep Knowledge of the concept of health, the health-illness continuum, and the healthcare delivery system.
Advance Nursing practice
Integrate evidence-based principles and strategies to design and deliver safe, effective healthcare, and health promotion/prevention education, for diverse individuals, families, and communities in all practice settings.
Nursing Research and Statistics provides evidence used to support nursing practices.
Nursing, as an evidence-based area of practice, has been developing since the time of Florence Nightingale to the present day, where many nurses now work as researchers based in universities as well as in the health care setting
*Clinical specialty –I
Medical-Surgical Nursing (Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Nursing, Critical care Nursing, Oncology Nursing, Neurosciences Nursing, Nephro-Urology Nursing, Orthopedic Nursing, Gastro Enterology Nursing,)Obstetric & Gynecological Nursing, Child Health (Pediatric) Nursing, Mental Health(Psychiatric) Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing, etc.
Nursing Education (Practical)
Hands-on practice gives a broad understanding of Fundamental Principles, concepts, trends, and issues related to education and nursing education. Further, it would provide an opportunity for students to understand, appreciate and acquire skills in teaching and evaluation, curriculum development, implementation, maintenance of standards, and accreditation of various nursing educational programs.
- General Medical Ward
- General Surgical Ward
- Emergency Department
Clinical specialty –I(Practical)
It is designed to assist students in developing expertise and in-depth knowledge in the field of Medical-Surgical Nursing. It will help students to appreciate the patient as a holistic individual and develop skills to function as a specialized Medical-Surgical Nurse. It will further enable the student to function as an educator, manager, and researcher in the field of Medical-Surgical Nursing.
Impart knowledge of philosophy and objectives of the health care institutionsat various levels, principles of administration, Collaborate and co-ordinate with various agencies by using the multi-sectoral approach, Identifyandanalyzelegalandethicalissuesinnursingadministration, and Demonstrate leadership in nursing at various levels
Expertise and in-depth understanding in the field of oncology Nursing. It will help students to develop advanced skills for nursing intervention in various oncological conditions. It will enable the student to function as an oncology nurse practitioner/specialist and provide quality care. It will further enable the student to function as an educator, manager, and researcher in the field of oncology nursing.
Dissertation & Viva(Practical)
Impart knowledge of basic research terms and concepts, researchmethodology, Research findings, Paper publications.
*Clinical Speciality-II (Practical)
Students can learn the trends & issues in the field of Medical-Surgical Nursing as a specialty, healthpromotion, The Nature of Cancer, Diagnostic Evaluation, Levels of prevention and care
Examination Fee Details
Pay through Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI
*Term and conditions
- PO1. Principles Utilize and apply the concepts, theories, and principles of nursing science
- PO2. Hands-on Practice Demonstrate advanced competence in the practice of nursing.
- PO3. Leadership Demonstrate leadership qualities and function effectively as a nurse educator and manager.
- PO4. Research Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting, and utilizing the findings from health-related research.
- PO5. Health Care Delivery System Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and the health care delivery system.
- PO6. Discipline Establish a collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines
- PS1. Understand the Basic Principles Fundamental principles, concepts, trends, and issues related to education and nursing education.
- PS2. Advance Nursing Practice Understanding of concepts and constructs of the theoretical nursing practice and critically analyzing different theories of nursing and other disciplines.
- PS3. Code of Ethics Ethical guidance about nurses’ roles, duties, responsibilities, behaviors, professional judgment relationships with patients, other people who are receiving nursing care or services, co-workers, and allied
- PS4. Genetics Approaches to common genetic disorders. Genetic testing – the basis of genetic diagnosis, Pre-symptomatic and predisposition testing, Prenatal diagnosis & screening, Ethical, legal & psychosocial issues in genetic testing. Genetic counseling.
- PS5. Bio-Psycho social Pathology Life processes, homeostatic mechanism, biological and psycho-social dynamics in the causation of disease, lifestyle Common problems: Oxygen insufficiency, fluid, and electrolyte balance, nutritional problems, hemorrhage]and shock, altered body temperature, unconsciousness, sleep pattern and its disturbances, pain, sensory deprivation.
Having super speciality 100 Bedded Hospital
- Professional Enhancement Regular interactions with Doctors and Hospital industry and research organizations.
- Hands-on Training and Technic Regular basis Workshops and webinars on Research, Drug Regulatory Affairs (DRA), Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), SPSS, Computer-Aided Drug Designing (CADD), Validation, and instrumentations help develop research skills in students.
- Holistic Growth Designed to assist t students in developing expertise and in-depth knowledge in the field of Medical-Surgical Nursing. It will help students to appreciate the patient as a holistic individual and can develop skills to function as a specialized Medical-Surgical Nurse.
- Ethics Ethical guidelines help nurses work through difficult situations and provide them with a moral compass to do their jobs fairly.
- Industry Ready Specially designed course suitable for job placement in Healthcare companies and research organizations
- Knowledge Enhancement and Learning The curriculum of this course lays strong emphasis on in-depth knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of Nursing.
SGC is an experience of a lifetime. The opportunities I had and the things I got to do on the campus were the best. The live projects and case studies I did during the course taught me a lot about nursing industry.
SGC houses various institutes of health sciences and has been nurturing dynamic and ambitious healthcare leaders since its inception.
I will always be grateful to SGC for providing me with a remarkable platform of practical learning and preparing me for the corporate world. Thank you for all the support and efforts.
Curriculum and faculty
The curriculum taught by SGC is meticulous and vast, and the faculty is always ready to help students with their weaknesses.
How to apply ?
Step 1 – Signup
Visit sgcollege.edu.in/ SGCADMIT. Sign up or register with basic details (i.e. name, email id, mobile no., state, gender, and password). Login to the SGCADMIT with an already created username/ password. * Your email id will act as your username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
Step 2 – Book Your Slot
After successfully creating your candidate SGCADMIT profile, you’ll be taken to registration fee page. Pay your fees by logging into the dashboard and complete your profile.
Step 3 – University Examination (PPMET)
After successfully booking the seat, the candidates have to fill the PPMET application form. The link for registration shall be available/sent on your profile and email.
Step 4 – Counselling
Upon successfully clearing the PPMET exam, you have to apply for counseling through your SGC portal, followed by SOP uploading.
Step 5 – Admission
You become eligible for admission into Saraswati Group of Colleges after the declaration of counseling result.