Best Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (BAMS) College in Punjab
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery abbreviated as B.A.M.S. is a 5-year undergraduate program that nurtures professionals who have profound knowledge of Ashtanga Ayurveda. The course from Best and Top Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery BAMS Course College in Punjab, Mohali, teaches traditional Ayurveda, modern medicines, and contemporary advances in the field of Ayurveda, as well as imparts knowledge of scientific and technological advances in modern science and technology.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate shall have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and have obtained a minimum of fifty percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (aggregate) in the case of general category and forty percent marks in the case of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes
- No candidate shall be admitted to the B.A.M.S Degree program unless the candidate attained the age of seventeen years on or before the 31st December of the year of admission in the first year of the program and not more than twenty-five years on the 31st December of the year of admission in the first year of the program
- To consider for admission to the under-graduate program for an academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain a minimum of marks at the 50th percentile in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for the under-graduate program held for the said academic year.
Ayurveda, the life care system, is now accepted worldwide as an alternative and effective therapy. Globalization of Ayurveda is now an undisputed fact and the western world is now looking toward it. Along with curative medicine, Ayurveda speaks of prevention aspects also.
Saraswati Ayurveda Hospital and Medical College is steadily progressing towards creating an outstanding position for itself. Our focus is to inculcate Ayurvedic graduates with theoretical, Practical & clinical knowledge to serve humanity. We believe that imparting knowledge to the students is a process of giving them the skills, professionalism, vision, and wisdom for their overall development, apart from providing the lesions.
We aim to contribute equally to fabricating a healthier society by providing the best resources and practical knowledge of the Traditional Indian System of Medicine (Ayurveda) to our students who will provide their remarkable services to society.
Student will learn about the basic knowledge of Sanskrit with grammar along with History of Ayurveda
This subject is all about explaining Fundamental Principles of Ayurveda and
Kriya Sharir (Human Physiology)
This subject is all about explaining Human Physiology which means how the human body functions in health and disease
Rachana Sharir (Human Anatomy)
This subject teaches about the detail study of the structures of the human body
This subject gives knowledge about the different Ayurveda Classical Text
Dravyaguna Vigyan (Pharmacology and Materia Medica- Herbal)
This subject deals with knowledge of medicinal plants in terms of identification and in the treatment of various diseases
Rasashastraevam Bhaishajyakalpana (Materia Medica- Minerals & Metals and
The subject deals mainly with the formulations of herbal drugs, drugs of mineral origin, their varieties, characteristics, processing techniques, properties and their therapeutic uses along with the descriptions of various apparatus, different kinds of furnaces, heating devices and heating schedules.
This subject completely explains about Methods of Diagnosis, Diagnostic Procedures
Agad Tantra evam Vidhi Vaidyaka
This subject deals with the complete knowledge of Clinical Toxicology and Medical Jurisprudence
This subject gives knowledge about the different Ayurveda Classical Texts
This subject is all about Lifestyle Management, Public Health and yoga
Kayachikitsa including Manasa Roga, Rasayana and Vajikarana (Internal Medicine)
This subject gives knowledge about all along with its treatment
Panchakarma & Upakarma
This subject deals with managing therapeutic Procedures like Vaman, Virechana, Basti etc.
Shalya Tantra General Surgery)
This subject deals with the diseases or disorders which require surgical intervention.
This subject explains about diseases and treatment related to Ophthalmology, Oto-Rhino- Laryngology & Oro-Dentistry
Prasuti Tantra evamStreeRoga
This subject deals with the various diseases and treatment related to Gynecology and Obstetrics
This subject encompasses knowledge about child care. It explains about the diseases and treatment related to children
Samhita Adhyayan-3 This subject gives knowledge about the different Ayurveda Classical Texts
(Emergency Medicine)Emergency Medicine is an upcoming branch, with focus on care of patients in the emergency department. This includes resuscitation of sick patients, attending to trauma care and medical and surgical emergencies.
Compulsory Rotatory InternshipFor the period of one year, student internship will be divided into different departments of clinical training for six months in the Ayurveda hospital attached to the college and six months in Primary Health Centre or Community Health Centre or Rural Hospital or District Hospital or Civil Hospital or any Government Hospital of Modern Medicine or Ayurveda Medicine or NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals) accredited private hospital of Ayurveda.
Examination Fee Details
Pay through Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI
*Term and conditions
At the end of the BAMS course, the student will learn about:-
- PO1. Fundamental knowledge of Ayurveda Students will have sound knowledge of fundamental principles of Ayurveda science and would be able to apply chikitsasiddhanta as per Ayurveda.
- PO2. Ability of analysis A student shall be able to identify and analyze community health problems through the clinical experience of diagnosis, treatment, and therapeutic procedures.
- PO3. Ethics Students involves in Professional ethics, human values, and social issues.
- PO4. Modern tool usage skills A student will be able to apply modern techniques and medicines for the treatment of a diseased person.
- PO5. Management skills As a member or a leader in the team, a student will be able to understand the management principles and apply these to one’s work to manage projects and
- PO6. Communication skills A student will be able to inculcate effective communication skills with all groups and individuals concerned in solving problems at the place of work and in society.
- PS1. Profound knowledge of Ayurvedic texts Students will get knowledge about Charak Samhita, Sushrut Samhita, AshtangHridayam, and various other Ayurvedic literature and will also be able to understand the practical applicability of principles of Samhita and a competent Ayurved physician.
- PS2. Surgical Procedures Students will be able to perform various kinds of surgical procedures related to obstetrics, gynecology, and general surgeries.
- PS3. Swasthavritta Having knowledge of the concept of holistic health and Principles of dietetics according to Ayurveda. Understanding the Concept of community health, prevention, and stages of intervention according to Ayurved Modern medicine.
- PS4. Panchakarma To have a thorough knowledge of Kayachikitsa, basic principles of Shodhana (BioPurification methods), and Raktamokshana, Physiotherapy & Disease wise Panchakarma. To be able to perform poorva, Pradhan &Pashchat karma of Panchakarma procedures [five Purification therapies] of Ayurveda and manage its complications.
- PS5. Kaumarbhritya-(BalaRoga) To have a thorough knowledge of Neonatal Care and management of all types of neonatal diseases. To diagnose and manage PaediatricDisorders. Ability to develop and manage pediatric ward with Fundamentals of Hospital management.
- PS6. Forensic Medicine Having knowledge of the Pharmacodynamics of different formulations used in Agadatantra and Clinical & Experimental toxicology.
- PS7. Ayurvedic Formulations Students shall have accurate knowledge of identification, Authentication, and standardization of minerals and metals along with plant drugs. Possess detailed knowledge of manufacturing practices of various dosage forms of Ayurved formulations as per GMP.
- PS8. Pharmacology Students will have a clear understanding of medicinal plants in the context of Ayurved and modern Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics.
Having super speciality 100 Bedded Hospital
- Should have a thorough knowledge of all the subjects including Sanskrit so that he/she can have the ability to interpret Sanskrit quotations from Classical texts of Ayurved.
- Must have practical/ clinical skills in all the subjects.
- Students are able to diagnose and treat the patients independently with Ayurved management.
- Should be able to conduct minor procedures and preliminary management of accidental cases.
- Should be able to treat the patients with empathy and have proper interpersonal and communication skills as competent health care professionals.
- Ought to have the current knowledge of recent advances in the field by self-learning and /or participating in continuing Medical Education Programs.
- The student shall be able to critically analyze relevant published research literature and use them appropriately to influence the practice of Ayurved.
In these four years that I’ve spent at SAHMC, I have not just grown academically, but also intellectually, emotionally, culturally, and socially. Participating in student-run clubs, conferences, organizations, and cultural fests have evoked a sense of confidence and responsibility in me.
Make your dream come true with SaraswatiAyurved Hospital and Medical College. Students are being trained to practically implement what they learn in theory. This has positively affected the academic landscape in this college.
I’m pursuing BAMS from Saraswati Group of Colleges which is one of the premier institutes of Punjab. Talking about the faculty SGC provides well-experienced faculty to students. With an attitude of being ever ready to help, and not only delivering classroom teachings, they are the pillars of the strength of the college.
As an Ayurveda student I always wanted to be a part of an institution that could help me in every aspect of becoming the best Ayurvedic doctor and Saraswati Ayurvedic Hospital and Medical College made my dream come true. SAHMC had always helped me in becoming the best version of me as an Ayurveda student by providing the best faculty and infrastructure.
As all birds make a nest but American goldfish strive for perfection just like SGC strives for doing work precisely and with perfection.
How to apply ?
Step 1 – Signup
Visit sgcollege.edu.in/ SGCADMIT. Sign up or register with basic details (i.e. name, email id, mobile no., state, gender, and password). Login to the SGCADMIT with an already created username/ password. * Your email id will act as your username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
Step 2 – Book Your Slot
After successfully creating your candidate SGCADMITprofile, you’ll be taken to registration fee page. Pay your fees by logging into the dashboard and complete your profile.
Step 3 – University Examination (PPMET)
After successfully booking the seat, the candidates have to fill the PPMET application form. The link for registration shall be available/sent on your profile and email.
Step 4 – Counselling
Upon successfully clearing the PPMET exam, you have to apply for counseling through your SGC portal, followed by SOP uploading.
Step 5 – Admission
You become eligible for admission into Saraswati Group of Colleges after the declaration of counseling result and submission of requisite fees.